Gülhane Park was once part of the outer garden of Topkapı Palace. Tall trees, roses, tulips and various flowers were bedecking this garden. The place where Mustafa Reşit Pasha proclaimed the 1839 Edict of Gülhane was later disregarded after the sultans moved to Dolmabahçe Palace and the trees and kiosks in the garden were destroyed during the construction of the European railroad reached Sirkeci through Seraglio Point. The park has gone through a renovation with planting plenty of roses, tulips and other flowers and reopened as a public park. A café with the view of Bosphorus, Turkish and Islamic Arts Museum and the Ahmet Hamdi Tanpinar Literature Museum are located in the park.